1.05.2009

I ADD'ed it...

When I fail to do something because it lost its interest (or perhaps I forgot, or found something shiny), I tell my husband I "ADD'ed" it. Which is exactly what happened with this blog. It started out with plain forgetting, and not being sure HOW to blog. Then I procrastinated adding new posts, and then it was awkward to add new posts months later, knowing I would just 'ADD' it again.

So I'm diving in, a new year and a new start. We're just home from our lovely Hawaiian cruise. 24 hours ago we were boarding our extremely delayed plane in Hawaii. As fun and exciting as it was, I'm extremely grateful to be home. My house is mostly clean, my baby is happy to be in her crib, and the days ahead are blissfully unbusy. Since blogging last, I've started a new job (at a bakery), and just recently quit. It was an evening job and the toll of not being around my family wasn't worth it. I'm now starting as a photographer in the hospital, photographing newborns. It's very part-time but during the morning hours.

I swear future posts will be less wordy (and I swear there will be future posts) but to continue to update:

Hubby is still busy. Thankfully the crib is long since finished and it's beyond gorgeous. He outdid himself there! He's going to school part time and staying busy with the shop. He's happily getting his woodwork shop set up in the garage. We were lucky to find some koa wood in Hawaii for him to play with! I'm trying to get him on board with our post-cruise diet as we uh, went home with a little extra baggage!

TuffStuff and Miss Fancy are plugging away at school, and doing mostly well there. Miss Fancy is working on listening skills in class. She loved being on the cruise and virtually anytime we sat down to eat, she was introducing us to friends she had met in the Kids Club, and introducing those friends to other friends. She's quite the socialite! TuffStuff loved the Kids Club as well, and especially loved playing with Uncle D and his cousin.

Sunshine herself is almost--and I say this with mixed feelings--one. I can't believe it. She's grown so fast and starting to get a toddler look about her. She's already getting the toddler 'tude! She loves signing and has a few words as well. Right now she has a bad cough/cold/fever that are making her miserable. I wish there was something we could do but at least tomorrow we can spend the day snuggling and playing.

Those are the updates. I promise I'll post pictures this week of a few trip highlights. If I can figure out how. And if not, then I'll post again anyway. Just watch me. I will!

No comments: