1.08.2009

Chocolate Candy Cane Cake

Here's the cake I made for our FHE group tonight. Very delicious and quite festive! The holidays are over, but the candy canes won't get eaten next to all the other yummy candy in the jar right now. The recipe is from the Kraft Food & Family magazine. These are technically cupcakes but I managed to lose my cupcake pan. I realized MUCH later that I probably left it at my mom's house. My version is made in a cake pan.



Chocolate Candy Cane Cupcakes

5 squares semi-sweet chocolate, divided (I used chocolate chips)
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1 pkg. chocolate instant pudding
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. water
1 tsp. peppermint extract (this is my own addition)
6 small candy canes (I used average size), crushed & divided
1 tub Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop 4 squares of semi-sweet chocolate, set aside. Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water, (and peppermint extract) in mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Stir in chopped chocolate and 2 T. candy. Spoon into 30 paper-lined muffin cups (or a 13x9 pan).

Bake 20 to 23 min (29-32 min for cake pan) or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost cupcakes with Cool Whip. Melt remaining chocolate, drizzle over cupcakes. Top with remaining candy.

1 comment:

Janet Eyring said...

Hi, about the Harmon's cereal deal. They are 5/$5 WITH the in-ad coupon. I was also able to use additional manufacturer coupons with the approval of the manager last night. I guess it is up to the manager whether or not you can use the Sunday paper coupons. Thanks for reading my blog and good luck saving;)